Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thanks genetics!

Yeah, it's been awhile. :)  Life has been pretty busy.  New job is definitely keeping me busy.  We've done a lot of traveling this year.  Boston to see the Cubs play the Red Sox.  Chicago for the 100 year anniversary.  J got promoted and he is now on days. It took a little while to get used to it but we are both fitting into the new schedule of him being home every night.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the doctor for my annual physical.  Bloodwork was done and results came back that I'm diabetic.  Imagine my shock!  Diabetes runs in the family on my Dad's side.  Good thing is that it should be easily controlled with diet and meds.  My doctor says I'm already ahead of the game because of my weight.  Most individuals are overweight and have to struggle to lose weight.  I just need to get my sugars under control.  I have a fancy little meter that I use every day to check levels.  I'm on a couple different meds.  The biggest thing for me is going to be limiting my carb intake.  I LOVE CARBS!  Thankfully I don't have to cut them completely out of my diet but I do need to be aware of how many carbs I'm eating.

Life is going usual for me since the diagnosis.  I didn't freak out or anything.  My first thought was, "I got this."  Just a small little change to my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs