Saturday, January 26, 2013

Head exploding in 3...2...

In the past couple of weeks I've probably scoured 30 websites, read numerous articles and sent off 20 emails for more information.  I'm seriously on information overload for the adoption process.  I would really like to go with a local agency.  Someone we can go and talk face to face with, instead of over the phone.  I found 2 different agencies that I'd like to work with.  Catholic Community Services asked that you and your husband fill out a brief questionnaire and either fax, mail or email it.  I went ahead and emailed it.  After a week I didn't hear anything so I faxed it along with a note.  A week later, still nothing.  I called and left a voicemail.  Are you sensing a pattern here?  I finally got a hold of someone.  Turns out the gal that does the intake process has been sick.  She got a little cold in the beginning of the year that turned in to pneumonia.  Poor thing!  She's back to work as of last week so she should be in contact with us shortly.

The 2nd agency I got in contact with local is Bethany Christian Services.  We actually have a meeting with them.  So far they have been pretty good at communicating with us. They have informational meetings twice a month.  We couldn't make the one that was closest to us because J was working.  The other one is about 45 minutes away, on a Tuesday.  That was just not going to work for us so the gal said she'd come to our house and talk.  I'm glad we'll have a 1x1 session.  She's going to come over Tuesday night.  


I hope that after talking with the gal from BCS we'll have a good idea of next steps.  There is so much information online that it's overwhelming.  So many different agencies and lawyers you can go with.  I want to make sure we are going with a highly reputable agency.  I think that's one of the most important things when it comes to adoption.  I know some agencies have ridiculously high fees and it makes you wonder, where do those fees go?

Other than that, life is chugging along for us.  I can't believe it's almost the end of January.  Christmas seems like so far away and it was only a month ago.  We have a cruise to the Carribean planned for next January so I guess it's good that time is going by a little fast.  J is getting excited because March is coming up and of course that means Spring Training.  This year we are planning on going down to Arizona for 8 days.  We are still playing around with the costs.  A lot of it depends on what our tax return looks like.  J would go down for the entire month of March if he could.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs