Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New year...new outlook

Wow...2012 has flown by!  It's like I blinked and it's over. For the holidays we drove down to San Diego.  It was great spending the holidays with my family. I can't believe how big my niece and nephews are getting!  The youngest one, Ryan, is walking and pretty soon he's going to be talking as well.  Sean is seriously adorable.  I love that kid so much.  My Mom had everyone over for my birthday and he came running to me, "It's your birthday!"  How he said it made my heart melt.  My niece Oly is getting so big.  We took her to Knotts Berry Farm for her big gift.  It was fun seeing the amusement park through a child's eyes.

J & I have made a big decision and this blog is going to take a slightly different turn.  We have decided to look into adoption.  Hanging out with Oly made J want a family that much more.  So when we got home I started looking online to figure out how you get started on the process.  Let me tell you it has been extremely overwhelming.  I cannot believe all the information that is out there!  We both know this is going to be a long process but hopefully, in the end, it will all be worth it.

I sent off our first questionnaire today to get more information.  Catholic Community Services asks that you complete a questionnaire prior to going through orientation with them.  It was a simple one page document but it felt good to email that off to the contact.  It was like I finally felt like we made our second step with this process.  The first step of course was simply making the decision to adopt.  I look forward to meeting with the contact and hopefully getting a lot of our questions answered.  

I'm going to try to make 2013 the year of the positive.  I'm trying to have a better outlook on things and simply just improve my attitude in general, not let little things get to me.  I know it's not going to be easy but the end goal will be well worth it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs