Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

I love holidays. I especially love holidays where you can buy gifts for people.  Actually, I just love buying gifts for people.  I'm the type of person that likes to make sure I have the perfect gift for someone.  For Valentine's Day I surprised J with tickets to go see the Canucks in Vancouver.  Neither one of us had been to a NHL game before. We have been talking about going to see the Canucks for a few years now. The only problem is their games sell out just about the moment tickets go on sale.  I lucked out this year with tickets because of the strike.  I found a nice hotel on Priceline.com for a very reasonable price.  I love when a plan falls in order.

We dropped the dogs off at PetSmart on Sunday and began our trek up north. Thankfully we had pretty okay weather, there was no rain. We spent a couple of hours at Granville Island. Such a beautiful market there! We only experienced about a quarter of what there is to do there.  We did stop at Granville Island Brewing and did a taster set of beers.  Mm. So good we ended up coming home with a 12 pack.

Our hotel was about 2 blocks from the Rogers Arena where the Canucks play. It was perfect!  We headed over to the arena and were shocked to see that the beer they sell is... Budweiser!  Here we are in Canada and the only beer we can get is Budweiser or Bud Light?  The Canucks ended up losing but it was still a good game. The game went into OT and then a shoot out. Not bad for our first NHL game.

We headed back home on Monday but not after a little adventure trying to find a Tim Hortons for donuts.  We are both fans of How I Met Your Mother and we wanted to stop at a Tim Hortons to see what it was all about.  The verdict? They are good. :)  I love that Canada is so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs