Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Not what I wanted to hear

I had an appointment yesterday morning with Dr M for an u/s.  There was a little confusion as she thought that I hadn't gotten my period yet and that's why I was in.  I told her that when I was called with my 3rd beta results they said I should set up an appointment.  She did an u/s to see how everything looked.  She found 2 things that looked like polyps.  She asked if I had time to do a saline u/s.  Basically they use a catheter to put saline in the uterus and they are able to see if there are abnormalities.  Dr M had looked at previous u/s and saw something was there but it wasn't big. 


So they do the saline u/s and sure enough I have 2 polyps.  They think they might have grown faster because of the hormones.  Basically the polyps will stop the egg from implanting because it doesn't give the egg much room.  I'm tentatively scheduled for another hysteroscopy on August 9.  I'm just ready for all this difficultness to be done with.


I felt a little sad going up in the elevator to my appointment.  I would be right around 7 weeks.  We would have already had an u/s to see our baby.  Looking at the u/s monitor it was sad because there was no baby there.  I'm trying hard to stay positive but it's just so difficult.  I know God only gives us what He thinks we can handle but I'm about ready to throw in the towel here.  I don't know how much more I can take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs