Thursday, July 14, 2011

Two Weeks

Two weeks ago today was the happiest day of my life.  I woke up and got a positive.  Last night this thought popped into my head.  I couldn't believe it.  I actually jumped up and down. I immediately called J at work.  It was 6am and thankfully he was up.  He could barely understand me because I was crying and laughing.  I called my Mom on the way into work and told her the great news.  Not once did I think tht it wouldn't "stick."


Two weeks seems like such a long time.  I've distanced myself from everything baby related.  I used to be active on a message board.  It was a great support group. Others going through the same problems I am.  I haven't been able to go back there in close to 2 weeks.  I think I've turned into "one of those" girls.  The ones that get sad when someone else is pregnant.  I'm happy for them.  It's just a reminder that it didn't or might not ever work for us.  And that part sucks.  There was always the "next" time thing for us.  We always had another plan.  And now we are at the end. There is no other plan.  


I was supposed to call my IVF coordinator on Tuesday to discuss what happened and next steps.  I haven't made the call yet.  I know we need to discuss it.  Part of me wonders why *I* have to call.  Why can't they call me?  


Next Friday we leave for Chicago for 4 days.  It was a last minute trip.  Literally.  We decided on Sunday to go and booked everything on Monday.  It will be nice to get away.  


I started school on Monday.  I'm already behind in my class.  I didn't realize I needed two different books. When I went to look at the course info there was only 1 book listed.  I discovered on Tuesday that I was missing a book. I ordered it on Amazon and had to pay an extra $20 for expedited shipping.  Thankfully my instructor is okay with this because others have had massive delays with getting their books.  I just hope the book is delivered today so I can get my assignments done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs