Saturday, June 4, 2011

It made sense at the office!

These meds are just so confusing! Yesterday when we were at the office it all made sense. Last I was looking at the meds and trying to figure out what it is I need to do. I wanted to get a good idea of what's going on because I start the shots tonight and the doctor's office is only open until noon on the weekend. I figured out the Gonal F super easy. That was in a box and easy to figure out. On my schedule I have to take 375 of Gonal F and 20 of mini hcg. Well I find the HCG in my med box and that's where panic sets in. I see 2 vials. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. 20 minutes later J sits down with me. He's trying to figure it out and having no luck. The bottle said intramuscular (or something like that) and I know that can't be right because our IVF coordinator told us that the first shots are all in the stomach. Intramuscular is in the butt.  I tell him I'm going to call the doctor's office first thing this morning to figure it out. We don't want to screw this up because it's a lot of money. I tell him that if I can't get a hold of the doctor's office today that I won't do the meds.  We will just have to start this next month because I really didn't want to screw something up.  

FFWD to 8am this morning. I call and leave a message for the nurse. I go back to sleep for a little bit. All a sudden I sit up in bed. I remembered I had another med in the fridge. J & I both thought this was my trigger shot because the trigger shot for IUI we had to refrigerate. Well what do you know? I look at the med and it says "lo dose hcg!" It also says sub something or other which means...in the stomach! I found the meds I need to take. The nurse called me back while I was getting a pedicure and I tell her I think I figured it out. We have a good laugh. She tells me the one with 2 vials is the trigger shot that I bring in to the office. Man I was so relieved. So now about 8 I'll sit down and try to get my 2 shots.  I'm relieved now that I have my meds situation figured out.  Now I just need to work up the courage to give me the shots. It's going to be okay.  I know it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs