Friday, June 3, 2011

And we're off!

We are a go.  Full steam ahead.  This morning was our suppression check.  They did blood work and an ultrasound.  Everything looked good.  I got the call from our IVF coordinator a few minutes ago that my estrogen levels were at 39.5 and that's right around where they want to see them.  So tomorrow we begin shots.  I take 3 shots every night until Wednesday.  On Wednesday I go back in to the doctor's for more blood work and another ultrasound to see how things are progressing.  At that point I go in every other day.  We got our schedule and I must say it is a little overwhelming but at the same time it's not.


Last night I had a little panic attack as I'm trying to fall asleep.  It was hard to turn my mind off of everything that is going on.  It's hard for me to vocalize what I'm feeling.  I'm afraid it will just come out a jumbled mess.  Thankfully I'm more at ease after seeing the doctor today.  


We did learn that we can freeze "extra" embryos from this cycle.  If we do that the cost for using the embryos in another cycle is dramatically decreased.  That was good to know that we have a Plan B if this doesn't work out.  The thing that sucks is if this doesn't work out, PLan B is going to be a ways into the future.  


Sometimes you just got to put it in God's hands and say "Okay, it's all on you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs