Monday, June 27, 2011

Wonderful weekend!

What a wonderful weekend!  We had a mini weekend away up in Victoria, BC.  I love it so much there.  


Friday night I was busy.  I had to do laundry but J forgot to take my laundry basket downstairs.  So I only grabbed what I would need for the weekend and threw the clothes in. I had to get our dog ready to go to the Pets Hotel.  I dropped her off and I felt so sad leaving her. I know she has a really good time there and they treat her well...but still. It was sad at night without her in the house and J at work.


I got up about 4:45 on Saturday so I can finish some last minute things around the house and head out to pick J up at work at 6.  After that we were on our way to the dock to board the boat to Victoria.  We got off the boat in Victoria and it was just beautiful out. There was a little bit of a breeze but we had sun and blue skies.  I'll take it.  We checked into our hotel and they had our room ready so we were able to drop our bags off.  I love staying at The Empress. They are all so friendly there.  We headed out to Nautical Nellies for lunch.  They had a lunch special of Chilean lobster on a hogie.  Wow was it good!  I think J ate his in like 4 minutes flat.  After that we walked around the city....a lot!  We went to the undersea gardens. We did a ghost tour.  Had a very late dinner at an amazing steakhouse.  The steaks were so tender.  It's like you didn't even need a knife to cut them. By 11:30 we were passed out in the super comfy beds.


On Sunday our boat didn't leave until 7 (even though I kept thinking it was 7:30 and telling J this...oops! haha) so we had lots of time to explore.  We ended up going on a carriage ride through the city.  It was such a relaxing hour.  Probably the best part of the trip for me.  It was expensive, but so worth it.  Such a relaxing time and a great way to see the city!  I was not ready to go home.  I told J I could totally move up here and be Canadian.  It's just so lovely.


Now we are in our final week of waiting. We have our blood test on Saturday.  I think I want to take a home test before that. I want to be prepared if it's negative.  Even though I keep telling myself it will be positive and I've been "acting" pregnant as my doctor tells me. No alcohol, taking it easy.  I think I want to have a little cushion for the news.  We will see.  Hopefully this week goes by super fast.  

The PIO shots are really becoming a pain in ass, literally!  My right side is hurting more than my left.  Sometimes at night if I'm laying on my right side too much it will actually wake me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs