Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wait wait wait

Yesterday afternoon we had our transfer.  We met with the embryologist and she talked about how our embryos were growing and everything.  She explained everything in terms we could understand.  She even showed us a picture of our embryos that we got to take home.  Our first baby picture. :)  We transferred 2 embryos.  They said the chance of twins was 25%.  We had a grade A 8 cell and a grade B 8 cell.  I had to have a full bladder for the transfer.  I'm such an overachiever that my bladder was too full.  Oops!  The nurse came in and said I had to go to the bathroom a little bit.  J was laughing and saying he was glad it wasn't him because he would never be able to do that.


We got to watch everything they were doing on the tv.  When our doctor was ready to transfer the embryos our embryologist went into the lab to get them.  We got to see them on the tv get sucked into the catheter thing.  On the u/s screen we saw 2 little flashes and that was the eggs going in.  It was all so amazing to see.  We will definitely show our kid their first picture as well as tell them the story when they are ready.  Because, as J says, it's just a cool ass story!


So now we wait.  We have our appointment on July 2 for a blood test to see if it all worked.  I'm on bed rest for the remainder of Monday and all day today.  This is the hardest thing.  I don't like not being able to do things for myself.  J has been great and went to the store to get me top ramen because that was the only thing that sounded good yesterday.  


The waiting will be the hardest part.  Thankfully we have kind of a busy schedule.  This weekend we are going to Victoria for a quick weekend trip.  That will help to get us closer to July 2.  J is the one having the hardest time.  He's not necessarily a patient person. :)  He'll definitely have to keep super busy to keep his mind off things.  Our embryologist told us that there is nothing we can do to "dislodge" the eggs or make them fall out.  It's all up to mother nature right now.  I just need to take things easy.  Don't get my heart rate up above 140 (I think).  No sky diving (she actually said this haha).  I told her I guess I need to put my MMA career on hold for now and she said "Uh yeah. What is that?" haha.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs